Terms and Conditions
1. FOCSC is a not-for-profit corporation based in Canada. Our mission is to promote online safety and security and to reduce cybercrime.
2. Our website provides information and resources on online safety and security, and on how to protect yourself from cybercrime.
3. By accessing and using our website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must not access or use our website.
4. We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by publishing the amended terms on our website. Your continued use of our website after any such amendments constitutes your agreement to be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions.
5. You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our website, the server on which our website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offense under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
6. Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content of these linked websites and you should exercise caution when visiting them.
7. We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs, and platform in order to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
8. You must not use our website in any way that causes or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
9. You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
10. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to our website without our express written consent. This includes data mining, scraping, harvesting, data extraction, and data collection.
11. You must not use our website for any direct marketing or spamming purposes.
12. You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
13. You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
14. These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada.
15. Our website is hosted in Canada or United States. If you choose to access our website from outside Canada or United States, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
16. If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unenforceable by a court of law, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
17. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
18. We may terminate your access to our website at any time without notice and for any reason.
19. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us by submitting a Ticket. Support Portal